Sunday, January 29, 2012

EPOS Annual Show 2011 - Part Three

Many (all!) orchids repay up close and personal attention. Senior Management kindly helped me take some macro photos at the EPOS show in August last year. (Holding a flash is a tedious job, but worth the results)!

Again, I foolishly didn't make a note of what everything is. If there are no question marks, I'm sure I have the name right.
Dendrochilum (wenzelii?)
Masdevallia
Another great Masdevallia
Phalaenopsis - this one has an awesome crystalline texture if you look closely
Another Phalaenopsis
Prosthechea cochleata
Some kind of Cattleya alliance plant - quite unusal colours
A fairly small Cattleya hybrid
Quite like the colours!
This plant was a lovely little specimen mounted on some driftwood.
Shame about the snail damage...!
Slc. Rosella Tangerine
Vanda Pure's Wax 'Purplish Blue'
They're not kidding about these being waxy looking!
Dendrobium speciosum
Dendrobium speciosum
Epicattleya Crown Valley 'Banner Day' x Pacific Girl 'Primavera' AM/AOS
Delicate mainly white Cymbidium
A hairy, warty Paph.
Vinicolor Paph. of some kind.
Shame about the twisted petals!
Not sure what Dendrobium it is, but Senior Management and I both liked it.
Liked it enough that we wrote it down.
On a small piece of paper.
Which I've now lost. :/

Another view of that Dendrobium
I hope you've enjoyed this little window into the August 2011 EPOS Show!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great show. Super photography also. Can't wait for our show in March.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ron! Orchid shows are the best :D

    I'll think next time I'll cart along a tripod and some black felt, or perhaps even ask the comm if they want me to take pictures in a semi-official capacity.
    Our orchid society's monthly plant tables are quite frequently something to behold too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't normally see many of these varieties, so it is nice to view them here. Lovely color and lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by Sage Butterfly, glad you enjoyed the pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete